This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Anthony Benjamin Beltran|
|Date of birth||October 11, 1987|
|Place of birth||Claremont, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Real Salt Lake|
|2005||St. John's Red Storm|
|2007||Los Angeles Storm||3||(0)|
|2008–||Real Salt Lake||245||(1)|
|2017||→ Real Monarchs (loan)||1||(0)|
|2007||United States U20||5||(0)|
|2008||United States U23||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 4, 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of April 3, 2014
Beltran was a two-time Parade All American at Claremont High School. He was also named in the 2004 NSCAA/Adidas High School All-America squad and was a member of the Region IV Olympic Development Program from 2002 to 2005 and captain of the 2004 squad.
Tony Beltran began college playing as forward for St. John's Red Storm playing 21 matches with 10 starts, scoring 2 goals and three assists. For his Sophomore year he transferred to UCLA to play for UCLA Bruins. In his Sophomore year he overcame an early season ankle injury to make 14 appearances He played for two years at UCLA and started all 21 matches of his Junior year and played all but four minutes of the season as right full back and defensive midfielder.
Tony Beltran was selected third in the overall 2008 MLS SuperDraft and made his official Major League Soccer debut on April 12, 2008 against D.C. United. He started 10 of his 15 appearances in his rookie year.
Beltran was born in the United States and is of Mexican descent. Beltran was the starter for the U-18 team that won the 2005 Milk Cup, started in all five matches in the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup with the USMNT progressing to quarter finals. He also made two appearances for the U-23 team in the 2008 Toulon Tournament. He was named to the January 2013 training camp for the USA national team and made his debut in a 0–0 friendly against Canada at BBVA Compass Stadium.
- As of December 14, 2014.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|USA||League||Open Cup||MLS Cup||CONCACAF||Total|
|2008||Real Salt Lake||Major League Soccer||15||0||-||-||0||0||-||-||15||0|
- As of December 14, 2014.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2014)
- "List of Players — 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de Football Association. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "UCLA Bruins Player Biographies", UCLA Bruins, Retrieved March 23, 2014.
- "Tony Beltran", Real Salt Lake, Retrieved: March 23, 2014.
- "Mexicanos que optaron por Estados Unidos". www.unotv.com.
- U.S. MNT Kicks Off Centennial Year with Scoreless Draw Against Canada at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, retrieved: April 7, 2014
- Tony Beltran at Major League Soccer
- Tony Beltran UCLA Bruins
- Tony Beltran at National-Football-Teams.com
|This biographical article related to an American soccer defender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|